One of the biggest misconceptions about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is that many people believe that this phone system is only ideal for big businesses. VoIP has many features that small business owners can take advantage of.
But first, what is VoIP?
VoIP allows users to make and receive calls using a broadband internet connection instead of a regular or analog phone line. This technology converts sound into digital packets and transfers it through the internet similar to other types of data like the email.
8 top benefits of using VoIP for a small Business
- It’s easy to set up, manage and maintain – When it coms to traditional phone lines, they can come with a pretty high price tag. VoIP systems on the other hand, are relatively easy to install, configure and maintain. These types of software solutions and web browser options can make adding people to your systems easier.
- Cheaper for the business with interdepartmental comms – a traditional line can be quite costly. Setting up and managing a VoIP system as a small business owner is certainly comparatively cheaper. Did you know that two calls between two or more PCs over the internet are usually free! That means that interdepartmental communication can come at a much lower cost.
- Cheaper costs from PC to Landline – what is says on the tin! When you use your PC to call a landline, the rates are lower compared to traditional mobiles and landlines
- Flexibility and ease – VoIP allows users to integrate with lots of different software systems which allow for remote conferencing. This is a massive advantage if your employees are on the go and travel a lot.
- Ability to scale – If you find your SME in the wonderful position of needing to upscale, you can rest assured in the knowledge that your VoIP system can do the same, allowing you to add new lines or reassign existing numbers.
- Take on the big guys – in a small business, every penny counts, which is why having a VoIP system is beneficial when it comes to saving costs for communication. Compete with the bigger players by cutting down on your outgoings and help establish your business as professional
- Huge range of features – Call transferring, holding and forwarding are just the tip of the iceberg! From conferencing calling and internal directories, there are a wide range of different features a small business can take advantage of
- Increase the productivity of your staff – From executives to directors, the benefits of a VoIP system can be incredibly significant, ensuring all your internal communications go off without a hitch.
Interested in VoIP for your small business? Contact our team at Range Communications today! With our expertise you can create the best business telephone system for your company, whether you are upgrading an existing system or starting from scratch. Call us now on 0115 8718 654.